Friday, October 21, 2011

Event Report: Lackland AFB Main Exchange (San Antonio, Texas)

LACKLAND AIR FORCE BASE, TEXAS -- Had a terrific book signing event at the Main Exchange here on Thursday, Oct. 20! I spent two hours here, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., chatting with customers, personalizing copies of the book for people who purchased them while I was there, and then signing the rest so that other customers can pick up an autographed copy.

Thanks to Manager Titus Stokes and his team for putting together this successful event (and for taking the pictures that appear with this report). I knew that the store management was top notch when I showed up and discovered a signing table loaded with about 100 copies of Texas Confidential: Sex, Scandal, Murder, and Mayhem in the Lone Star State and decorated with balloons -- yes, balloons, a first for me -- and a big poster of me in an especially adventurous pose.

Mr. Stokes expressed an interest in possibly having me come back to do another signing sometime in the foreseeable future and I told him I would be glad to do so and that perhaps sometime in December, when people are doing their Christmas shopping, would be ideal (I also added that I would be glad to do a presentation in addition to a signing if he had the resources to accommodate that). One way or the other, I had a great time at Lackland and am looking forward to the next opportunity to have an event there!

No comments:

Post a Comment